Thursday, July 24, 2008

OSCON 2008: Day 3

Today, I gave my first OSCON talk on Laika. I think that the talk went pretty well. I had plenty of good questions from the audience, and I think I may have been able to snag a few people who were interested in contributing.

The speaking experience was pretty cool. I was in a fairly small room, and probably had about 20 to 30 people in the audience, which was pretty non-threatening. I would have been more nervous in one of the more cavernous rooms with 200 people.

As for the rest of the conference today...

XMPP has a lot of buzz for communicating in the cloud. There were a few talks on that today.

There is a lot of Ruby stuff going on outside of web apps. RAD seems to have a lot of buzz for using Ruby to work with Arduino. Ruby's also behind Adhearsion, a tool for building IVR's.

I missed the talk on CouchDB, but some of the folks I'm out here with said it was great.

On a conference logistics note... I was kinda bummed that some of the talks had filled, so I couldn't get in. I wound up missing the talk on Hypertable as well as one on XMPP in the cloud.

1 comment:

Mirna R. Smith said...

US day cash enhancements among Il possesses varied home mortgage selections merely to be wise any as, day cash enhancements, Pay day advance to boot to Size financial loans, at the auto title loans chicago aspect of car Strategy financial loans. the bulk target supporting you opt on to buy for the correct home mortgage merchandise and services which is able to assist you to satisfy your individual economical wishes.